Friday, 10 February 2017

New dress or a trip to Japan..? Shopping vs travelling.


Why did you buy it? I really liked it.. and  It was on sale.. And I needed it? Did you? Yes, well…
That’s a conversation I’m likely to have with myself every time sales appear across the shopping centres. But I don’t want to anymore. It’s so tempting, so accessible, but do I really need another jumper or a pair of shoes? 

The other day my friend drove to the other side of our city in pursuit of a sale deal – 1+1 on perfumes to be exact. We met right after, so I asked her if/what she had picked?
 - You know, I was standing there, pushed by various types of female clients, spritzed with at least 5 different fragrances and then I realised – I don’t really need any more perfumes. So I left.
 -  I’m so proud of you! – that’s what i said
I said that because it hit me – how many time I let the sales catch me right into its red coloured trap.

And I’m sure I’m not alone. Aren’t you my partner in crime? I bet at some point you came back home with this new top/bag/anything else that seemed to had tickled your fancy - exactly like the one that’s been chilling in your closed since last year.

This small conversation with my friend made me want to reevaluate my thought process and decision making in regards to shopping. I want to decide, I don’t want the sales to lure me into something I don’t want.

Shopping is so much fun,  it is! [at least to me] and I have no intention of giving that up, but..
Could I use some extra sum to my holiday budget? Yes! More than another dress? Probably.
Then why not? Think before you buy – do you really need it? Or would you rather save up and travel to explore Japan this summer?

I think I’ve already made up my mind.

KISSES,

___________________________A R A B E S Q U E__________________________

2 comments: