Sunday, 14 June 2015

THE BODY SHOP - HONEY BRONZER 01



For the whole winter I steer clear of any bronzing products, using only NYX blush in Taupe to contour. But during the warmer months as a fair skinned girl I can’t really get away without at least touch of bronzer – having pale skin it’s a vital step in my summer makeup routine.
Od razu się przyznaję – przez zimę zapominam o bronzerach – każdy jest za ciemny, na szczęście do konturowania idealnie nadaje się do konturowania róż z NYX w odcieniu Taupe. Jednak, kiedy nadchodzi lato, przy mojej bladej cerze nie ma możliwości pominięcia bronzera przy codziennym makijażu.
 
It’s no easy task – finding a shade that’s not too intense, fake looking or with orange undertones.
I used to always watch people on YouTube using all kinds of beautiful bronzers, but every time I tried any of them on my face I looked like an Indian chief half way throught  painting his face before the battle.
And then I saw this honeycomb imprinted bronzer on EssieButton’s channel – at the first possible time I run to The Body Shop to check out this looking more like a setting powder than a proper bronzer product.
Oczywiście nie jest łatwo znaleźć odpowiedni odcień dla bladej cery – nie za ciemny, nie wyglądający zbyt sztucznie i, co najważniejsze, nie pomarańczowy.
Na YouTubie widziałam wiele przepięknych kosmetyków brązujących, jednak moje nadzieje na znalezienie właściwego dla mojej karnacji zwykle pozostawały niespełnione. „Przełom” nastąpił, kiedy w filmiku EssieButton zobaczyłam jakiś czas temu ten geometrycznie wytłaczany Honey Bronzer z The Body Shop – przy najbliższej okazji postanowiłam sprawdzić, czy jest wart mojej uwagi - jest!
 
However don’t be taken in by the really light shade – it’s an amazing product that worms up a fair complexion and makes it look like you’ve caught a bit of sun during a long walk.
Of course for those of you with a bit tanner skin tone there are 2 or even 3 more shades of the Honey Bronzer, but my go-to is the no 1 – in the pan looks like nothing much but gives a flawless and “convincing” effect on the face.
It is also such a fool proof application, you can swirl your brush in the pan until your heart is content and you will never have too much product.
Nie dajcie się zwieść jasnemu odcieniowi, bardziej przypominającemu ciemniejszy puder niż bronzer – to właśnie ten kolor idealnie imituje efekt, jaki dają na naszej twarzy promienie słońca. Oczywiście dla tych z Was z nieco ciemniejszą karnacją są jeszcze 2 albo nawet 3 odcienie, jednak moim bezapelacyjnym faworytem jest ten w nr. 1 – doskonale sprawdza się dla „bladolicych” i daje bardzo naturalny efekt.
Jest też niezwykle łatwy w aplikacji – nie sposób nałożyć go za dużo, więc dla tych z Was, które mają odrobinę „cięższą rękę”, również będzie dobrym wyborem.
 
 
As you can probably see in the pictures, my Honey bronzer doesn’t look new, with untouched surface – it shows signs of use since it’s been well loved for the whole last summer. I even abandoned my previous Chocolate Bronzing Powder from Bourjois, because it has a bit of sparkle, whereas the Honey Bronzer is totally matt. Now I went back to it and it’ll probably stay in my makeup bag ‘till next winter.
Jak zapewne zauważyliście na zdjęciach – mój bronzer zdecydowanie nie wygląda na nowy, nosi jawne ślady użytkowania – nie opuszczał mojej kosmetyczki przez całe ostatnie lato, a tego roku pewnie będzie podobnie.
 
As always I’m asking for your opinions and recommendations – let me know if you use/like this product! Or maybe you have some other favourites in the bronzing department you’d wouldn’t mind sharing? Can’t wait for comments!
Jak zwykle jestem niezmiernie ciekawa Waszych opinii – macie ten produkt w swojej kosmetyczce? Używacie go? Jakie jest Wasze zdanie na jego temat? A może możecie mi polecić jakieś inne produkty z „działu brązującego”? Dajcie znać w komentarzach!
 
KISSES,
___________________________A R A B E S Q U E__________________________

52 comments:

  1. I have this and really love it! I find that it's perfect for people with pale skin x

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't look like a typical bronzer, but for fair skin it's just the right shade ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love this bronzer, it's gorgeous for pale skin!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! It saved me just yesterday, since my foundation suddenly got too light for my skintone - I must have caught a bit of sun lately, and had it not been for this bronzer I would have looked like a white ghost in the middle of the summer ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This looks gorgeous!! Defo going to try this out! xo
    www.blackisthenewblackkk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it and if it's enough "bronzy" for you ;)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I picked this up last year and really adore it. I should make a point of getting it out and using it more! It's definitely great for those with pale skin.
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same situation - my bronzer was gathering dust whole winter, but I finally got it out and can't stop using it ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love this, it's definitely my favourite bronzer for the majority of the year as it's so light. Although it kinda stops working the second I get a hint of tan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it does, but it's going to be a long time before it stops working for me unless I get out of the office more ;)
      Do you have any recommendations regarding a bit darker bronzers?

      Delete
  6. This looks lovely! It's so hard to get NYX in Australia though.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not available in the drugstore in my area either, but I recommend getting NYX online - it's everywhere ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I like that shade of bronzer. Its not too much, just enough for a light glow.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more ;) Although in the store I was tempted to get the second shade, but now I'm glad I didn't, 01 it's just right ;)

      Delete
  8. I have never tried this products before, but I do need a new bronzer for the summer. I am definitely going to pop to The Body Shop and most likely purchase this.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, let me know how you like it ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. thats such a nice easy going shade. I don't like anything too brown and this looks perfect :)

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very natural and gives the skin really "convincing", sunny glow ;)

      Delete
  10. ooo this looks such a pretty shade! xxx

    Also some good news! I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!! For the all the rules check out my last post on my Blog!! Eek Congrats!! xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fot the comment and for the nomination ;)

      Delete
  11. This is one of those products everyone seems to love but I never get round to picking up! I will have to remember in my next order :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got on the bandwagon quite late too, but now I understand what the fuss was all about ;) Hope you like this bronzer too, if you get into try of course ;)

      Delete
  12. This is one of my favorite products ever! I remember getting it after seeing Essiebutton wearing it a lot, something about the packaging really got me. And well, her is always on point so I thought it was a good investment. I absolutely love it, I got mine in the shade 02, it's beautiful!

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also was inspired by Estee to get this bronzer ;) Her makeup always looks flawless so many of my purchases depend on what Essie's been showing in her videos at the time ;)

      Delete
  13. I love wearing a bit of bronze all year around. Mine is from Soap and Glory but this looks equally nice too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the Solar Powder or sth like that? I was wondering if it's any good, because S&G is not available in my area therefore I can't check/swatch it and on the internet it's hard to tell the shade.. Maybe you could help me with that and quickly "describe" this bronzer? ;)

      Delete
  14. Such a beautiful presentation, love what you did. I haven't tried this bronzer, yet, but it sounds pretty promising. Have to give it a shot. Thx for your sweet comment, dear. I am wondering if you would like to follow each other on GFC to keep in touch? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. this sounds really nice! i always skip bronzer cause i can never find a good shade for my skin tone but this looks perfect x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same - always to pale to wear a regular bronzer, but this one works quite well ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Bronzer is a must in my make-up routine. Love the sound of this one :) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in this case I must ask - what's your favourite bronzer at the moment? I'm open to recommendation ;)

      Delete
  17. I've been wanting to try this for ages, it sounds really good!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you finally get to try it let me know how it works for you ;)

      Delete
  18. This bronzer sounds great and I like the fact that it's matte. I'll have o give it a go in a slightly darker shade.

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find a shade for you - there are 2 or 3 more - darker ;)

      Delete
  19. I need to give the body shop a go! I've looked everywhere for that NYX one but this one sounds equally fab! x

    Bioderma Blogger Event Attire over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NYX Taupe blush is more like a contouring powder and for the summer I prefer this bronzer - it's warmer in shade and "imitates" a sun glow quite well ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  20. This has remained my #1 bronzer for months & months now - it really is the one for us paler ones :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so glad it exist - otherwise I'd be without a bronzer for the whole spring/summer time.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  21. I've heard so many good things about this bronzer, but yet somehow I still haven't picked one up. I definitely think I'm going to have to now, especially since it's matte! Great review and lovely post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment ;) I hope you like this bronzer if you get to try it out.

      Delete
  22. Que maximo esse bronze é tudo de bom amei, blog
    maravilhoso sucesso seguindo.
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNlFtDc1-o
    Blog:http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have really pale skin so I find it difficult to get a bronzer that suits - it sounds like this might actually work for me! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it if you get to try it ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  24. I love the photos on your blog, this one included! I have an olive skin tone but am always looking for lighter bronzers in the winter. Thanks for this post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment!
      In terms of a bit darker bronzers I would say try the the Bourjois Chocolate bronzer - it is easy to build up the colour, on the other hand though it's not completely matte.. But this Honey bronzer I wrote about comes in few darker shades so you probably could find sth suitable there ;)

      Delete
  25. Such a beautiful colour! Lovely blog xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this bronzer, it's such a great product and the shade looks so natural. I have medium and it warms up my face beautifully x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to buy the medium one but now I'm glad I sticked to my plan of getting no 01 since there's not much sun this summer..
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  27. I have not tried the Honey Bronzer from this collection but it really looks lovely by the sound of it...Thanks for sharing...xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I definitely need to give this a go! I have not yet found a bronzer that works with my very fair skin. Thanks for sharing! x

    LOVELY ROSE PETAL | Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have been wanting to add this bronzer to my collection for a while but am still making my way through a few that I already own. I have swatched it a few times in store and it's so lovely!

    Hilary | The Beauty Collective

    ReplyDelete